Glass House Festival
We are pioneering a method we’d like to share with you.
The Festival consists of:
1. Glass House Festival sessions are all available here on our website.
2. Panel discussions with a live Q&A with the poets, need you to enter zoom to participate.
3. A few sessions are only LIVE on zoom.
The Glass House Festival is open to the World!
About the Festival
Poets from around the world are participating from their homes, alongside academics, writers and musicians. The programme includes Recitative Poetry, Slam Poetry, Close Readings of Poems, Poems in Translation, Regional Language Poetry, Poems of Protest, Resistance and Empowerment, Panel Discussions, Workshops and Performances and Allied Arts
How You Can Participate
Join the conversations and attend the festival! We have something for everyone including those of you who aren’t inclined to poetry. If you write or perform poetry, share them on our Glass Poetry Wall on Facebook.
The poetry awards are open to everyone and these are the Poetry Awards, Haiku Awards and Children’s Poetry Awards. Engage with us on your favorite social media platform, we are making waves on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and be in the know of what’s happening!
Share your work and participate on any platform by tagging us and using the hashtag #glasshousefestival
If you love or are starting out with Haiban and Spoken word, hone your skills by attending our workshops…
All this and more is happening! Where are you?
Come join the festivities!
We accept simultaneous submissions, but please notify us if your work is accepted elsewhere. The winners will be announced on 26th July 2020, 8 pm after the final poetry session of the day by the esteemed jury.
The subject line should include: Poetry Submission Contest 2020. Please include a brief cover letter with a short bio note in the body of your mail. Use Arial or Times New Roman 12 font size, .pdf or .doc file types. Submissions should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry fees – INR 199 or $3/poem. You can pay online by clicking the Pay Now button above. Take a screen shot of your payment and share it alongside your submission.
Deadline – July 20th 2020, 12 midnight IST. No entry after this will be considered.
Click button below to make payment
Poetry on Film
1. You may submit a poetry film based on ONE poem
2. Language of the poem no bar; however, if the poem is NOT in English, please provide subtitles
3. No upper limit on the number of submissions per poet/ film-maker; but, since this is a curated segment, only the shortlisted films will be showcased at the festival
4. Duration of the poetry film: minimum length of 2 minutes and maximum length of 15 minutes, including credits
5. The copyright of the film rests with the poet/ film-maker. By submitting the poetry film to us you shall be granting us the rights to screen the film freely on all our platforms.
6. Individual/ group submissions permissible
7. Please include the following details in the body of the email:
a. Name of the Poetry Film
b. Name of the poem on which it is based (if it is different from the name of the poetry film)
c. Name of the poet
d. Name(s) of the film-maker(s)
e. Name(s) of the producer(s)/ sponsoring body
f. Year of release
g. Short note (<50 words) on where this Poetry Film has been showcased so far, if at all
h. Email address of the primary contact person/ person submitting the film
7. Please email your submissions and queries to email@example.com. Subject line of the email: Poetry on Film Submission/ Poetry on Film Query
You can listen anytime at: