Bangalore’s Art, Craft and Design Festival
2019 | October 12-26
- ArtMantram Trust is dedicated to creating public interest and appreciation of the arts, crafts and artists.
- ArtMantram Trust will hold the Bangalore Art Craft and Design Festival 2019, bringing together artists, craftsmen, Padma Awardees, practitioners and academicians to synergise both established and aspiring proponents of Indian Arts, Crafts and Design.
- The Festival venue is Bangalore, which is emerging as India’s City of Art and Artists. It will also add another dimension of Art and Craft tourism in Bangalore and Karnataka.
- The Festival will be held across fifteen (15) days and will include amongst others, an Art Souk, Kalagrama – a crafts market, a Dance Appreciation Workshop, Children’s Activism and Art involvement, Padma Awardee Exhibition and Interactions and a National Conference on Arts, Craft and Design.
- This multi-venue, multi-event Festival is a unique opportunity for everyone to get involved in this Dream of renewing Bangalore’s image as the City of Art and Artists.
- Wide-ranging support from well-meaning individuals has been received.
ArtMantram has in-house expertise and the events are coordinated by the following core-committee:
Jija Hari Singh
Yumna Hari Singh Jawa
Vice-President and Founding Trustee
Activities, Dates and Venues12th to 26th of October 2019
Manasa: Festival of Art Craft and Design Finale26th October
Some Key Participants
Sathya Prakash Varanashi
Festival Artworks & Paintings
Exhibitions and Art Camps
Interactions / Lecture Demonstrations / Causes
Roeriech Centenary Celebration – a festival celebrating creativity with focus on painting camps, exhibitions, street art, pottery, classical & folk dances, youth festival and painting competitions for school children across the state – 2004
SAARC Artists Camp in 2002 – Top artists from SAARC countries interacted with public and attended a Painting Camp, Seminar Exhbition, and Interactive Session with Art lovers and Media at ICCR gallery, Delhi 2002
Art Therapy sessions held at Kidwai Cancer Ward for children undergoing cancer treatment and their caretakers.
Art, Mohiniattam and Kuchipudi – a festival of India in London 2010
Exhibition of top and upcoming artists of India,and classical dancers, Mohiniattam and Kuchipudi
Pillar 20/40 by Rina Schenfeld: The foremost Israeli dancer audio-visual presentation and an interactive session. 2002.
Hebbar Centenary Celebrations 2012
Solarplate etchings and monotype: By Judy Bourke, an Australian artist. N. Delhi 2002, JJ School of Art, Mumbai 2003
Launch of Citizen’s Forum for Public Art and Environment. 2002.
Heneyu, a fifteen day Art and Craft festival celebrating Dussehra 2014
Art in the Park are sessions held often at Cubbon Park, where artists paint live.
New Media Art Workshop with Google Doodler Ryan Germick for young artists, focusing on visual storytelling. In partnership with the Alliance Française – 2011
Lifetime Achievement Awards to Women in Arts and Letters from 2010 to 2019
Awarded to eminent women in the arts, music, dance and literature. Anjolie Ela Menon, Shashi Deshpande, Arpana Caur, Vimala Rangachar, Leela Samson are some of the awardees
Philanthropic support several organisations working in education, autism and mental challenges.